[kdepim-users] I rarely complain about Akonadi

Thomas Tanghus Olsen thomas at tanghus.net
Thu Jan 26 18:53:44 GMT 2012

On Thursday 26 January 2012 11:24 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Thursday 26 January 2012 11:16 Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:
> > Because I can see it steadily improving, and I know it will end up as an
> > integral part I never notice, but couldn't do without.
> >
> > BUT - yes, it had to come: The tags/categories on messages, contacts and
> > events only work for events (maybe they are not in Akonadi?).
> > For contacts I get a humongous list of empty tags and if I accidentally
> > hover over 'Mark message' in the mail context menu I get an ever
> > increasing
> > list of menu items which ended up filling *two* monitors. Except the last
> > time where it *killed my X server!!!* Yes, flames!!!
> >
> > How can I make it stop adding empty tags to my mail and contacts?
>
> Thinking about it maybe it is a Nepomuk error, but frankly I shouldn't have
> to care.

Just updated from 4.7.4 to 4.8 and akonadiserver v. 1.7.0 on Kubuntu.
Now I have manually removed all empty and duplicate message tags and hope that
they will not reappear.

 1) I deleted hundreds and hundreds of keys while akonadiserver spiked at 100%
CPU. I had to use the mouse for this. If I didn't have carpal tunnel syndrome
before, I am sure to have it now. Why doesn't the delete key trigger a delete
and why is it not possible to select more than one at a time?

 2) If they do reappear isn't there some magic query I can run in
akonadiconsole - which I have to have open all the time anyways - to remove
all empty tags?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen