[kdepim-users] Kalendar: how to continue to use *.ics files (4.4.11.1)

Stephan Diestelhorst stephan.diestelhorst at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:28:20 GMT 2012

Hi Stefan,

2012/1/11 Stefan Brill <stefan.brill at uni-wuerzburg.de>:
> Since the KDE upgrade, I don't see any of my calendars in Kalendar / Kontact
> anymore, the files however still exist and are unchanged. I don't seem to be
> able to tell (the same, not at all updated version of) Kalendar to continue
> to use these.
[...]
> a) get Kalendar back to work with one ics file per calendar

In KOrganizer, I can right-click in the lower left window pane and add
a calendar. Then chose the ICal calender file and you can point the
thing to an existing ICS file.
Just a hint regarding changing the ICS underneath KOrganizer: this
sometimes crashes Plasma for me (but then I have mixed versions with
different quality support for time zones). One thing I notice when
sync'ing ICS files with unison is that I frequently get changed
"LAST-ACCESSES" and creation times which seem to reflect when the ICal
parser read the file. This can lead to many spurious merge conflicts.

Hope that helps,
  Stephan