[kdepim-users] Searching x 2

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 07:36:48 GMT 2012

On 28/01/12 21:19, Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:
> On Saturday 28 January 2012 19:54 Anders Lund wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1) After upgrading to KDE 4.8 and installing - finally - kdepim in the
>> current version, I can not use the search functionality of kmail.
>>
>> I can use the filter bar in the top, but not the search/virtual folder
>> search, I get a dialog saying "Kan ikke hente søgeresultat. Ukendt fejl.
>> (Unable to create persistent search)" (in english, "Can not fetch search
>> result. Unknown Error. (...))
>>
>> The question: Can anyone else use the search functionality? And even better,
>> have an idea what could be wrong?
>
> I just get no results from whatever I search for.
>
>> 2) One thing I have been looking forward to with>  kdepim 4.4 was looking
>> things up using krunner. And indeed, after some trouble and a kde restart, I
>> get a message topic or event/journal/TODO title, with a type identifier
>> below in the krunner results. Very nice, if only it could be used for
>> anything meaningful: Activating such a result will not open the mail in the
>> mail reader as one would expect, (or korganizer for events or TODOs) but a
>> dolphin window, empty except for the nupomuk sidebar with the nepomuk
>> information. No way to the actual data.
>>
>> The question: Is this known? Is it planned to make this work correctly?
>> Otherwise, it would be best to hide these entries from the nepomuk krunner
>> results!
>
> This used to work for me in 4.7.3-4 but doesn't anymore. The only thing I get
> results for are bookmarks, contacts and music. For contacts I get the option
> to call or mail them.
>
> I do think that my Nepomuk/Akonadi data base is somehow corrupt, because
> virtuoso-t keeps spiking on both cores even though indexing is idle. I just
> can't remember which files to delete to recreate it.
>
> I've also been testing a lot of ownCloud instances so I bet the db is full of
> a lot of stale entries.

~qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver quit
~rm -rf $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/apps/nepomuk/
~nepomukserver &

helped me at least - though search is still pretty useless. Search for
filename "current" and get totally unrelated mp3 files on "top" of
search results. KFind works way better.

Sorry am a bit fed up with the whole thing.