[kdepim-users] KDEPIM migration from KDE4 to KDE3.5?

Martin Bernreuther MartinBern at web.de
Wed Jan 11 23:31:41 GMT 2012

Hi Viorel,

Am Montag, 9. Januar 2012 schrieb infrabit at infrabit.net:
> You are referring to KDE3 and I hope that you actually meant KDE4.4??

No, I really mean KDE3, but I have a OpenSUSE 12.1 Installation
KDE3 and KDE4 now. But I only installed the KDE3 PIM packages...

> It must be something else that prevents 4.7 to work properly. Is your system up
> to date (e.g. kdelibs, I would suggest even other components, kernel included,
> as I don't believe most of KDE devs run old non-KDE software)?

I think it was KDE 4.6 running on my old System. And maybe there have been
problems with the Kernel and the X-Server... The KDE 4.7.2 on my "new"
system is much better! There's still no "Hide-Panel-Button", but I'll also
find a solution for that... Still I hesitate to move to KMail2 due to my bad
experiences with akonadi...

> If I were you I would try reverting to the 4.4 config and then import POP mails
> (File->Import Messages).  If you are using IMAP you don't need to do that. You
> might want to export the filters as well (read the post).

Thank you for the hint with the "import"-functionality!
I didn't use it often in the past and totally forgot about it.

Thanks,
	Martin
Martin Bernreuther	MartinBern at web.de