[kdepim-users] bcc mess-up

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 02:22:54 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I noticed today that Kontact/Kmail 4.7.4 on Fedora 16 is messing up to bcc
principle. I have sent an email to a number of contacts in my address book,
all of which were entered in the BCC field, indicating my cell phone number
change. Unfortunately, I soon realized that every recipient could see each
others' email addresses listed under BCC! As an example to what I am trying to
describe, I am BCC'ing myself on this email and if you are seeing my email
address under the BCC field, then you should get what I mean.

I tried using gmail's web interface, and it did NOT reproduce the problem. I
used an MS Exchange SMTP server with Kmail, and it DID reproduce the problem.
I believe this is a rather odd bug with some priority to be fixed. Wgat do you
guys think?

Thanks,

Hakan