[kdepim-users] Configuring Kmail account (for receiving) in KDE v4.7

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Fri Feb 3 10:27:12 GMT 2012

On Friday, February 03, 2012 10:34:09 Anders Lund wrote:
> Fredag den 3. februar 2012 10:16:52 Stan Goodman skrev:
> > The OS is openSuSE v12.1 x86_64, newly installed in a clean
> > partition.
> >
> > Configuring Kmail for sending was a snap; to do the same for
> > receiving has me flummoxed.
> >
> > In Kmail settings > Accounts > Receiving, I see a screen that
> > offers me a choice between defining a Local folder or an Akonadi
> > folder. No problem there -- I chose the local folder, and accepted
> > the default folder name. What now? I do not see any clue about how
> > to progress to actually configuring an account -- username,
> > password, server name, etc.
> >
> > The very ample Help screen is of no help, since it seems not to
> > have caught up with v4.7, and it fails to mention this first
> > screen at all. I have also found nothing through a 'Net search.
> > Either I am missing something that is obvious to everyone else, or
> > there is a bug on this screen.
> >
> > How can I graduate to the actual configuration screens for the
> > receive function?
>
> If you press "add", there should be options for pop3 or imap servers

That's what I would have expected, but it doesn't work that way. ADD
simply adds to the original two items (Local folder and Akonadi as
described above) a third one, which is always an Akonadi choice,
regardless of which of the original two were highlighted, which isn't
progress.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on