[kdepim-users] Configuring Kmail account (for receiving) in KDE v4.7

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Fri Feb 3 08:16:52 GMT 2012

The OS is openSuSE v12.1 x86_64, newly installed in a clean partition.

Configuring Kmail for sending was a snap; to do the same for receiving
has me flummoxed.

In Kmail settings > Accounts > Receiving, I see a screen that offers me
a choice between defining a Local folder or an Akonadi folder. No
problem there -- I chose the local folder, and accepted the default
folder name. What now? I do not see any clue about how to progress to
actually configuring an account -- username, password, server name, etc.

The very ample Help screen is of no help, since it seems not to have
caught up with v4.7, and it fails to mention this first screen at all. I
have also found nothing through a 'Net search. Either I am missing
something that is obvious to everyone else, or there is a bug on this
screen.

How can I graduate to the actual configuration screens for the receive
function?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on