[kdepim-users] Searching x 2

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Feb 22 10:06:09 GMT 2012

Onsdag den 22. februar 2012 02:56:59 Sérgio Basto skrev:
> but now after one day 2 files index , after 5 or 10 56 files in index ,
> store size 197 Mega Bytes,
> Address book searching which was working more or less stops .
> I just want that  nepomuk reindex all again !

I have more or less given up on nepomuk. I decided to try moving its data
away, to have it reindex. Reindexing mail appeared to work, but kmail search
does not work. The file indexing stops nepomuk about every 30 minutes (well
varying from 2-60), when it chokes on some file. After that any funcitonality
depending on nepomuk is not functioning. Restarting nepomuk is broken, and it
does not do anything to try to recover from its own, build in breakage.

So my options are (as long as i try to continue using kde)
1) restart kde all the time
2) forget about nepomuk-dependant stuff, and hope it will work in some distant
future...
3) turn off file indexing and accept a search-less, but at least running DE
(this is the current state)

fun...
Anders