[kdepim-users] Kmail and automatic completion

Markus Feilner mfeilner at linux-magazin.de
Fri Feb 10 11:43:55 GMT 2012

Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012, 14:00:07 schrieb O. Sinclair:
> On 09/02/12 11:22, Markus Feilner wrote:
> > Am Montag, 6. Februar 2012, 22:36:53 schrieb Sérgio Basto:
> >> On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 20:36 +0200, O. Sinclair wrote:
> >> (...)
> >>

> >> On kmail 4.7.x from F16 full update, I got auto-complete after 3 letters
> >> of recent addresses .
> >> And I got auto-complete from address book, _but_ just when I write the
> >> complete name.
> >> If i write joh just get from recent addresses, but if I write more n
> >> (john) here we go with address book also , this is a bug or feature ?
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >
> > Nope, here it is different. Auto-Completion from recently used adresses
> > works, but not from my Adressbook (which resides on a Kolab Server). Not
> > with few letters, not with full name.
> >
> > Pretty sad...
>
> Did you try my little waltz that at least works for me on 4.7.4 :

Yes, I had tried that before, several times, without helping effect. I even
tried it with a fresh, virgin user account, with no KDE config settings other
than the standard - to make sure there is no old stuff involved. Didn't help.

But I will try that again today or tomorrow and tell you if it worked - there
had been some updates on my system in the meantime.

I hope it helps..., CNPing adresses is really disgusting ...  :-)

> 1. Leave Personal Contacts resource as it is (or remove it and then
> recreate it AFTER step 3)
> 2. Stop Kontact, KMail & KAddressbook
> 3. Use System Settings Akonadi resources or KAddressbook to create a
> vcard folder resource based on a local directory - point it to the same
> folder as Personal Contacts
> 4. Start Kontact and tick both addressbooks in Contacts part or start
> KAddressbook and do that
> 5. Start KMail or use Mail-part in Kontact and check if autocompletion
> works (note after one full part of name, at least for me, eg. John not  jo)
> 6. If so in Kontact indicate that you only want to use Personal Contacts
> and ..
> voila it works..
>
> I normally (have done this a few times now) then remove the vcard folder
> based resource.
>
> I have also been in the "depreciated" KDE resources in System Settings
> and I think I tried to tick Personal Contacts as "standard" even though
> it is "read-only" there somewhere between step 3 and 4 - step 3.5??
>
> good luck
> Sinclair

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best Regards,

Markus Feilner,
Stellvertretender Chefredakteur (Deputy Editor-in-Chief)
Linux-Magazin

--
Linux New Media AG,
Putzbrunner Straße 71,                     81739 München, Germany

Mail: mfeilner at linux-magazin.de  -  Web: http://www.linux-magazin.de
Google+: https://plus.google.com/105201437130417639658
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner

Linux New Media, the Pulse of Linux: Lawrence,KS - Malaga -
Manchester - München -  Sao Paulo - Warszawa