[kdepim-users] getting rid of duplicate tags (was: Re: I rarely complain about Akonadi)

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Feb 1 16:58:48 GMT 2012

Onsdag den 1. februar 2012 16:24:49 Anders Lund skrev:
> Onsdag den 1. februar 2012 11:37:47 Martin Steigerwald skrev:
> > Maybe
> >
> > Nepomuk Tag Manager
> > http://vhanda.in/blog/2012/01/nepomuk-tag-manager
> >
> > does help as a interim measure.
> >
> > At least it should support mass deleting of tags. Also it can merge tags.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> It can not delete anything at all, pressing the delete button nothing
> happnes. Trying to merge tags listed as
>
> KDE
> KDE
>  KDE
>   KDE
>    KDE
>
> I just endup with the same tags, + one labelled "%20%20%20KDE" on top of
> that.

i could overcome some of these problems by renaming all "*KDE" tags to "KDE",
and then attempt to merge again. Now I have 3 left, for some reason so far
they can appearently not be merged. I have one other tag that still have 4
instances that can not be merged.

> When showing the tag dialog in kaddressbook, it lists about 20 empty tags on
> top, they are really an enemy to usablity! Those does not show at all in
> the utility.
>
> So no help really, although it would be so nice...

Well, some... Still no luck deleting anything, the blank tags shows but can
not be selected.