[kdepim-users] Links being stripped out of emails

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Feb 14 12:26:42 GMT 2012

On Monday 13 Feb 2012 22:30:40 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 13 February 2012, ianseeks wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm using KMail Version 4.8.0 (4.8.0 "release 462") on Opensuse 11.4
> >
> > I've received a mail that included a link to a cloud based document
> > on skydrive.  All that appeared in my account was the name of the
> > document and it was not clickable in order to jump to the document.
> > I checked my ISP via webmail and it was there okay as it was on my
> > blackberry as well.
> >
> > Is there a setting that strips the URL's out?
>
> I assume that both your ISP's webmail and your blackberry both render
> the HTML part of the message. Depending on your settings KMail might
> display the text part.
>
> Does enabling HTML rendering (e.g. via Folder->Prefer HTML ...) help?
Yes, that did work. Thanks.
I didn't think of trying that because i get emails with HTML in them and you
get the option to Click to render the HTML.
This particular email did not give me that option, probably because there is
no other html used apart from the link.   Maybe this is something that needs
to looked at.

> Regards,
> Ingo

regards