[kdepim-users] Howto recreate _missing_ akonadi remote-ids only?

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Mon Dec 3 22:53:41 GMT 2012

Hi,

on most systems current kontact+akonadi works fine now, but I have one system
that should have the same setup like all but this one is crazy.

Sometime I notice that mails on this system in my disconnected imap folder are
only local. But a re-sync does not make these mail appear in the other
clients.

When I watch these folders in akonadiconsole I see that theses items only have
a local ID but no remote ID.

Re-sync, restart , offline-online etc does not change anything. The only way
to make them re-appear is to copy local-ID-only-items to a local folder, clear
akonadi cache of the imap folder and re-sync imap folder. After restarting
kontact all local-ID-only-items are magically gone, so I have to move the
saved copy in my local folder back to imap folder to restore. Now these items
also get a remote ID and do appear on all other clients.

But there should be an easier way to recreate missing remote ids, isn't it?

Bye

  Thorsten
--
kontact --version