[kdepim-users] Kontact retrieving mail vary slowly in 4.9.4

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Tue Dec 11 04:02:45 GMT 2012

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 03:55:43 AM Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Seg, 2012-12-10 at 20:02 -0700, Russ Kepler wrote:
> > I upgraded from 4.9.3 where things were OK to 4.9.4 on Kunbutu 12.04
> > through kubuntu-ppa backports, and loading an email using Kontact is now
> > painfully slow.  I can get maybe one message every 30-60 seconds while
> > staring at a "Retrieving Folder Contents"  "Please wait ..." screen.
>
> log out and log in again

I'm not convinced that it's going to be more effective than any of the past 2-3
reboots.

Performing a simple Tools->Find Messages and searching a small folder for
something never found seemed to help.  The search folder is empty so either
saved searches aren't populating the folder or something is dredging old
searches up and executing them on any mail state change.