[kdepim-users] Migrating to another computer

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 31 01:15:36 BST 2012

On Thursday 30 August 2012 11:21:27 O. Sinclair wrote:
> > Seems like it is some sort of method to obtain (internal) emails, like
> > from the MAIL command or otherwise.
>
> Frankly I have no idea.. hope someone else can chip in. All I remember
> is that "proper migration" did not work so I gave up and did the "backup
> then import" and after that things (as I recall it) worked more or less
> as expected

Okay, and thanks for the link to Kubuntu docs on migration. I guess the
question now for me is, does KMail 'rely' on the 'location' of my email
folders, to be defined by the 'Local Folders' definition/location in the POP3
settings (receiving).

When opening KMail, it takes about 30 seconds to display/view all the folders,
as it is doing the 'Local Folders' things. This is painful, as the prior
version of KMail simply opened/viewed all folders straight away.

I will do a test by deleting that 'Local Folder' definition, as the KMail docs
state you can define it in kmail2rc (but I doubt that).

Peter