[kdepim-users] handling akonadi and nepomuk

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Aug 6 19:19:40 BST 2012

Am 06.08.2012 18:57, schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Monday, 2012-08-06, Martin (KDE) wrote:

>> akonadictl is not the right tool here. It can shutdown the akonadi
>> database but afaik it returns immediately. An option to wait until it is
>> shut down would be great.
>
> Should be relatively easy to do. Anyone interested in an easy first time
> contribution? :)
>
> Until then you could check for the disappearing of
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control from D-Bus.

Currently I run my logout sync in the shutdown part of kde (from
/etc/kde/shutdown). I don't know if dbus is reliablly working in this
state (I almost know nothing regarding dbus). How can I check the
disappearing?

>> For nepomuk I don't even know any command line tools to check, start or
>> stop nepomuk (is there any?).
>
> I don't think there is such a tool but since it appears to be a KDE
> application you could try
> kquitapp NepomukServer
> or
> qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver org.kde.NepomukServer.quit()

Does this return immediately or only if the process is stopped and
released all file resources?

Regards
Martin