[kdepim-users] KMail forgets POP/SMTP password

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 21:44:49 BST 2012

Quoting Andreas Mahel <andreas at mahel.net>:

> I'm using opensuse 12.1 with kmail 4.9.0 (but the behavior has been the same
> with 4.8.4 and before that).
> My passwords (POP) are stored in kwallet, and this works basically fine. Only
> sometimes -- preferred on the first sending of a mail -- kmail asks
> me for the
> smtp password again.
>
> However, when I cancel this dialog, and then select sending all messages from
> the outbox from the file menu, it takes the password properly from kwallet
> again.
>
> So, while annoying, at least I don't have to key in the password again and
> again.

For the record, my KMail is using the KWallet as well, and as you say
on sending the first email it "forgets" the password and requires you
to enter it again. In the past, I have tried to cancel the send, but
it did not "recover" the password from KWallet. I guess I will file a
bug report on this when I get home.