[kdepim-users] Migrating to another computer

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 30 05:58:54 BST 2012

On Thursday 30 August 2012 13:57:18 Peter wrote:

> Anyway, some good news. Have now been able to "see" the folders ..
>
> KMail  |  Settings  |  Accounts  |  Receiving tab
>
> there is a 'Local Folder' there. Modify the folder location to where I have
> the folders, which is
>
> $HOME/.kde/share/apps/kmail2
>
> so, it seems KMail is totally ignoring the 'folder' definition in the
> kmail2rc file.
>
> At least I can send now, but POP3 will not work.

POP3 and SMTP now work, but KWallet is prompting for the password.

Now, every time I check mail, all the POP3 accounts work okay, but the 'Local
Folder' does all this folder synch stuff, which I'm sure is not necessary.

How can I tell KMail WHERE the mail folders are stored, without having to
define it via the settings as outlined above ?

Peter