[kdepim-users] KMail2 at kdepim 4.9.0

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Aug 14 23:05:23 BST 2012

On Tirsdag den 14. august 2012 17:08:24 Robin Atwood wrote:
> Does the community consider KMail2 usable yet? I have gotten a bit tired of
> installing the latest kdepim and after a day rapidly restoring 4.4.11.1.
> Last time the main problem for me was that the filters were not
> automatically applied, I had to constantly do C-A/C-J manually. Also, the
> mail was never delivered to the inbox folder but the enveloping one, call
> Folder or something.
>
> So what's the feeling out there?
>
> Cheers
> -Robin

Hi Robin,

I am running kmail2/kde 4.9 for the 5th day now, after using thunderbird since
april. So far, my findings are:

Lots of thing have improved, and kmail2 is usable, but have issues.

My filters most often works, but I get duplicates of messages sometimes.
Tonight, for some reason not all messages were filtered.

I am plagued by the conflict resolution dialog, sometimes when using "classify
as spam", and in rare occations when applying other filters or flags. I really
think even having that thing is a proof of code design problems!

I have had two empty messages in spam, but I think turning off checking of the
local storage (if you use such) solves it. I think that having that as a
default is dangerous, it should not even be possible!

Address completion works, after hand editing some config files and restarting
the system (restarting akonadi + nepomuk should do, but there is no sane way
of restarting nepomuk that I know of)

All in all, I expect to continue using kmail2 now, because the benefits are
many for me, using the rest of the pim suite (mainly addressbook and
calendars), and because of the general integration with KDE.

Anders

--
Anders