[kdepim-users] Setting up a Quality Team within KDE

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Apr 5 12:57:12 BST 2012

Hi,

We would like to setup a Quality Testing Team within KDE in order to
better test our next KDE SC and make the beta process more efficient.
Attached is the first draft of the ideas I brainstormed. Source .odt of
this document is available at
http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=scratch%2Fannma%2Fquality-testing-doc.git

(We can make it a public Google doc if it is more convenient or an
etherpad).

The document roughly describes 2 areas of action:
- reinforcement (labeled "Reinforce") of existing structures (mainly
targeted to developers and mainly relevant before the beta stage of the
release). This could be used as guidelines for new developers. Of course
it won't be newbies which will develop Unit Tests or check the code
quality. But some guidelines can be useful for libs outside Frameworks.
An area of relevant reinforcement that can currently be done is the
Review process for new integration.
- new infra-structures: this is labeled "New" in the doc: this is what I
would see to happen for the 4.9 release.

A new mailing list has been set up in order to discuss all this: please
subscribe to it if you would like to be part of this
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-testing
An IRC channel also was created on Freenode:
#kde-quality

Please join the mailing list and the IRC channel so we can setup a plan
to start putting all this in gear!

Thanks in advance,

Anne-Marie and Myriam