[kdepim-users] Preparing for KDEPIM 2

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Apr 12 17:17:07 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2012 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Preparations that I intend to do:
> - Migrate the mboxes to a different mbox only resource? I thought about
> the  following steps:
>   - Create a new mail account and needed folders as MBox only if
> possible - Stop KMail
>   - Move mbox and index files over to the new mail account manually
>   - Start KMail
>   - I think that would be way faster than trying to move several
> hundred  thousand of mails within KMail

Well I moved the toplevel mbox folder called "zArchiv" to "Local Folders"
and renamed it to "Lichtvoll-Archiv". That was instant. I think KMail was
clever to just move the complete mailbox toplevel folder to somewhere else
in the directory hierarchy.

Now its at least out of my main mail account folder which should not be
maildir only.

But then some local folders are also maildirs. I am not sure how to really
use an own mbox only resource for me mbox folders. I thought about
creating a local mailbox, but actually I do not intend to receive new
mails except by archiving other folders in there.