[kdepim-users] KMail -- Append failed

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Apr 12 10:20:47 BST 2012

Hi Georgi,

Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2012 schrieb Georgi Kourtev:
> Please help:
>
> Kubuntu 11.10, KDE 4.8.2, Kmail2
>
> I have 3 POP3 accounts and 1 IMAP account using Kontact that worked
> fine till yesterday. After certain upgrades of akonadi I have the
> following message after opening Kontact:

Which versions? Especially which one do you use right now?

> 1) For each of the POP accounts: 'Unable to store downloaded mail.
> Unknown error (Append failed)'
>
> 2) After awhile I have this: 'Kmail Folders: Unknown error (NO
> PartHelperException: Failed to update database record)

What does akonadictl status show?

What is in

- ~/.xsession-errors
- ~/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi_control.error (if it exists)
- ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data and there some mysql error log (I do not
now the exact name since on this machine I use PostgreSQL backend)

?

> The result is a totally malfunctioning Kmail with mail message listed
> (no new downloaded though); when I click on a message it cannot be
> retrieved. I also cannot send any emails due to same reason.

Whats the state of the Mail Dispatcher Agent and your mail agent(s) in
akonadiconsole? Does restarting them help?

Does akonadictl restart help?

(I am still using KDEPIM 4.4.5, only kaddressbook already uses Akonadi
which worked nicely the last months, only issue is that sometimes
PostgreSQL pid file is left and it doesn´t start again until I delete it)

Ciao,