[kdepim-users] KMail -- Append failed

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 12 08:33:47 BST 2012

On Thursday 12 Apr 2012 09:28:11 Georgi Kourtev wrote:

>Please help:

Kubuntu 11.10, KDE 4.8.2, Kmail2

I have 3 POP3 accounts and 1 IMAP account using Kontact that worked fine till
yesterday. After certain upgrades of akonadi I have the following message
after opening Kontact:

1) For each of the POP accounts: 'Unable to store downloaded mail. Unknown
error (Append failed)'

2) After awhile I have this: 'Kmail Folders: Unknown error (NO
PartHelperException: Failed to update database record)

The result is a totally malfunctioning Kmail with mail message listed (no new
downloaded though); when I click on a message it cannot be retrieved. I also
cannot send any emails due to same reason.

Can anyone help as I have no emails (just web based ones)? Thanks,
gk

These "Unknown Error" messages remind me of the old "GPF" in Windows,
basically a bucket to drop all errors in. Seems like proper error
checking/reporting needs work.