[kdepim-users] Success with Kontact/4.8.2

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:25:04 BST 2012

On Sunday 22 Apr 2012 00:37:20 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 03:03:08 PM Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Determined to have a clean install on my netbook in time for my
> > holiday, I installed Mageia beta3.  This was quickly updated to KDE
> > 4.8.2, including kdepim.  Almost everything is working perfectly -
almost,
> > in that I can't connect to my Google contacts, but that's not the
end of
> > the world.
>
> Excellent news, its nice when it all starts (more or less) working :)
>
> I've got calendar working pretty well on my setup and contacts is
pretty
> good too, though I'm not sure what should be happening with the
cobntacts
> groups I have setup.

I've had problems in the past, in that I set up groups that lost records
sometimes even being empty.  I haven't tried them again yet.  I rarely
need them these days, so it could be a while before I can comment on
that.

> Starting to feel much better about KDEPiM these past few days.
>
> Is there any particualr error with your oogle contacts?

No - nothing at all.  Just nothing happens.  The addressbook is there,
but empty.

Anne