[kdepim-users] grayed out folders in kmail

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 05:23:58 BST 2012

I just wanted to give an update on this issue. Since I couldn't decipher
the akonatictl output, and my gmail account, which is this one by the
way, never stayed active in the akonadi resources list, I bit the
bullet, removed the account from akonadi resources, and recreated it.
That is to say, it took several hours for the kontact/kmail to rebuild
the folders and all the emails within them, since there are plenty. I
also did something I later thought was smart, installed Thunderbird and
created the same account there, too. Similarly, it took Thunderbird
several hours to completely download all the emails from the server.

I was happily surprised to see that the problem with
akonadi/kontact/kmail was resolved after the re-install for one day.
Yep, unfortunately the same issue reincarnated in about 24 hours, and
now I cannot use this account from the messy trio. Instead, I am typing
this email from Thunderbird, which still seems to stay stable.

I am not even sure how and where to report this, other than here. I am
still patiently waiting for the messy trio to mature and become truly
usable. As a matter of fact, as long as it doesn't disable my other
accounts, I will keep using it for my email needs, because I love it,
but for the accounts it somehow cannot manage, I will have to use
Thunderbird I suppose.

Thanks for reading.

Hakan