[kdepim-users] kmail2 apparently losing mail while migrating to local imap

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Sep 28 20:53:41 BST 2011

Andras Mantia wrote:

> Once you have the maildir fixes (I hope to port the fixes to 4.7.2, but
> latest they will be in KDE 4.8), you could just create a Maildir account
> in KMail and point it to your Mail folder. Then a synchronizing will
> import all your mail (and get a coffee/tea, it will take time until it
> reads the headers of 12GB mails).

All but one maildir fix is now in 4.7 branch, so expect a better maildir
support in KDE 4.7.2. :)
The one missing is a small performance improvement, but unfortunately cannot
be backported as requires an API addition in the libraries.
Some other goodies were also backported.
Note, that for best experience and to see all the bug fixes, you will need a
new akonadi server as well (either master or the upcoming 1.6.2 release).

Andras