[kdepim-users] open request to KDEPIM devs to address four long-standing regressions

pkbugs+kdepim at ssl-mail.com pkbugs+kdepim at ssl-mail.com
Mon Oct 17 01:23:41 BST 2011

Thomas

On Sunday, October 16, 2011 3:46 PM, "Thomas Taylor" <linxt at comcast.net>
wrote:
> > > (3) Ability to sort accounts, and folders within accounts, "Manually, by
> > > drag & drop"

> Sorting in kontact does work (click on column header) but sorts in
> alphabetical order by the first character of name AS DISPLAYED (i.e.  to sort by last
> name, it has to be entered that way in the list).

That's automatic sorting.  That's not the issue.  The issue is with
sorting "Manually, by drag & drop".  I.e., putting folders where, and in
the order, the user wants to have the folders.

Again, I'm not raising the question of whether these issues exist --
they do.  They're well documented as occurring -- if not @ the level of
detail devs need, yet -- for numerous users.  We see them ourselves --
frequently.

I'm asking for help in actually getting them fixed, and helping us help,
too.

Pat