[kdepim-users] open request to KDEPIM devs to address four long-standing regressions

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 23:46:51 BST 2011

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:47:04 +0200
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
> On Sunday, 2011-10-16, pkbugs+kdepim at ssl-mail.com wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've now got 250+ KDEPIM 4.7.1/2 users.
> >
> > There are four REGRESSIONS that I'm hearing a lot of complaining about
> > from these users.
>
> Lets see if we can find out when these were introduced.
> It will be easier for the developers if we can specify how a respective
> feature worked in previous KMail versions.
>
> > (1) An option to turn off QR codes display in KDE Kontact
>
> I am using KMail 1.13.7 here, could you point me to where I can toggle that?
> Never got a QR code myself, so I don't know whether I would have it enabled
> or not.
>
> > (2) An option to display "Favorite Folders" as a list, rather than as
> > icons
>
> Interesting, didn't know that Favorite Folders has different forms of
> visualization.
> I thought that KMail 1.x only had list, can you point me to the option where
> this can be toggled to icons?
>
> > (3) Ability to sort accounts, and folders within accounts, "Manually, by
> > drag & drop"
>
> Hmm, I seem to be doing something wrong. When I drag a folder it only allows
> me to copy or move a folder into another folder, on the same level they are
> always sorted by the column showing sorting indicator.
>
> Is there a setting for freely sortable folders or do I need to press&hold a
> specific modifier key?

> Cheers,
> Kevin

Kmail is only one part of KDEPIM.  Kontact is a different part.  If you open
kontact, the QR codes will display in the right hand pane.

Sorting in kontact does work (click on column header) but sorts in alphabetical
order by the first character of name AS DISPLAYED (i.e.  to sort by last name,
it has to be entered that way in the list).

Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSUSE 11.4 x86_64    openSUSE 12.1Mseries