[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Andreas Zeller a-zeller at web.de
Mon Oct 31 11:37:11 GMT 2011

Am 31.10.2011, 11:15 Uhr, schrieb Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:

> On Monday 31 Oct 2011 09:42:39 Andreas Zeller wrote:
>> > What are all these std.vcf and std.vcf_x files for (especially given
>> > that they are all empty)?
>>
>> Welcome to my world (see "Kaddressbook lost contacts 11.10 upgrade" from
>> 22. October 2011)
>>
>> std.vcf should contain the data and the other appear to be backups, I
>> assume. These files are empty even in my backups for weeks and months.
>> Since KDE4 the data is handled by a Database called Akonadi.
>>
> If your backup files are empty, dating back for weeks and months, it
> cannot be
> in any way related to Akonadi.  It sounds as though you have been happily
> using addresses from Recent Addresses, saved in the kmail config files,
> without
> realising that you had lost data.

I never used KMail.

Before Update the contacts contain much more than eMail. I also stored
addresses, phone numbers, pictures, Notes and more and it works without
problems. Can all this be stored in KMail config files? Where are they?

I'm desperately looking for old config files in hopes that I find my data.
There must be a config file which contains the location where data was
stored before update!?

>> I searched for eMail-addresses (file content not file name) which are
>> stored in the contacts. They where found in
>>
>> ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ibdata1
>> ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi/parttable.ibd
>> ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/freebusyurls
>> ~/.kde/share/config/krusaderrc
>>
> If Akonadi is set up correctly you should have individual vcf files in
> ~/.local/share/contacts.  If there is nothing there, migration has not
> taken
> place - presumably because it found an empty std.vcf.  You *must* find
> your old
> backups - it is the only place you have data now.

Where was the data stored, if not in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf
because it works before update?!?

~/.local/share/contacts/ contains only WARNING_README.txt since Update.
Before Update the folder doesn't exists.

~/.kde/share/apps/kabc contains only empty files even in old backups.

~/.kde/share/apps/sdtvcf is empty and doesn't exists before Update.

~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/lock/ contains three files
_home_USER_.kde_share_apps_korganizer_std.icsZpWV4Ge5
_home_USER_.kde_share_apps_korganizer_std.icspnK0zPjB and
_var_tmp_kdecache-USER2_kcal_kresources_acRRQ7hRUgqdLHpDpY and similar
files in the backups.

Why do I find eMail addresses in ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ibdata1
and ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi/parttable.ibd?