[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:53:40 GMT 2011

On Monday 31 Oct 2011 11:37:11 Andreas Zeller wrote:
> I never used KMail.
>
> Before Update the contacts contain much more than eMail. I also stored
> addresses, phone numbers, pictures, Notes and more and it works without
> problems. Can all this be stored in KMail config files? Where are they?
>
> I'm desperately looking for old config files in hopes that I find my
>  data.   There must be a config file which contains the location where data
>  was stored before update!?

If you didn't use KMail, what did you use?  That would affect where the
addresses it used were kept.

> Where was the data stored, if not in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf
> because it works before update?!?

What worked, though?  What mail application was reading them, if not KMail?

> ~/.local/share/contacts/ contains only WARNING_README.txt since Update.
> Before Update the folder doesn't exists.

So it seems it attempted migration but found only an empty std.vcf, so could
go no further.

Anne
--
New to KDE Software?  Got some good hints and tips? - Welcome to
http://userbase.kde.org