[kdepim-users] KMail not sending mail

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Oct 20 09:39:25 BST 2011

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen wrote:

> Torsdag 20 oktober 2011 skrev Andras Mantia:
>> Restarting Kmail should be enough, or in worse case restarting the
>> akonadi server.
>
> Hi,
>
> No, it is not enough to restart KMail (or more specifically, Kontact).
> I've tried that several times. It might be because Aknoadi is kept open
> when Kontact is closed? Now I don't remember where this is set, but I
> thought I found that option in the settings somewhere.

Try akonadictl restart .

> Yes, sorry, you were right about the varmail. It's a mbox account reading
> /var/spool/mail/user.

Try to disable this account (remove it from automatic checks and don't
include in manual mail checks) and see if the problem comes back or not.

> Is there a bug reported already or should I open a new one? I couldn't
> find any.

I think there is no report for it yet. If the above trick (disabling the
mbox) helps, report the bug with this information for KMail2.

Andras