[kdepim-users] open request to KDEPIM devs to address four long-standing regressions

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Oct 17 17:17:00 BST 2011

On Monday, 2011-10-17, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:47:04 +0200
>
> Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Hi Pat,
> >
> > On Sunday, 2011-10-16, pkbugs+kdepim at ssl-mail.com wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I've now got 250+ KDEPIM 4.7.1/2 users.
> > >
> > > There are four REGRESSIONS that I'm hearing a lot of complaining about
> > > from these users.
> >
> > Lets see if we can find out when these were introduced.
> > It will be easier for the developers if we can specify how a respective
> > feature worked in previous KMail versions.
> >
> > > (1) An option to turn off QR codes display in KDE Kontact
> >
> > I am using KMail 1.13.7 here, could you point me to where I can toggle
> > that? Never got a QR code myself, so I don't know whether I would have
> > it enabled or not.
> >
> > > (2) An option to display "Favorite Folders" as a list, rather than as
> > > icons
> >
> > Interesting, didn't know that Favorite Folders has different forms of
> > visualization.
> > I thought that KMail 1.x only had list, can you point me to the option
> > where this can be toggled to icons?
> >
> > > (3) Ability to sort accounts, and folders within accounts, "Manually,
> > > by drag & drop"
> >
> > Hmm, I seem to be doing something wrong. When I drag a folder it only
> > allows me to copy or move a folder into another folder, on the same
> > level they are always sorted by the column showing sorting indicator.
> >
> > Is there a setting for freely sortable folders or do I need to press&hold
> > a specific modifier key?

> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> Kmail is only one part of KDEPIM.  Kontact is a different part.  If you
> open kontact, the QR codes will display in the right hand pane.

When I open Kontact it opens with its KMail component. I.e. it opens with the
functionality which was active when I closed it.

Since (2), (3) and (4) of the list seem to be related to KMail (stand-alone or
as a Kontact component), I assumed (1) was as well.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring