[kdepim-users] KAddressbook + LDAP still does not save new addresses

Robin Atwood robin at binro.org
Sat Oct 29 18:43:42 BST 2011

This problem has persisted ever since KAB was the first app converted to
Akonadi.I have a LDAP back-end for my address book and KAB loads the entries
OK. But when I enter a new address it is not flushed back to the LDAP server.
I first tried to close Kontact, then recycle akonadi but the address is not in
the LDAP db. I restart Kontact and now the new entry is gone from the KAB.
Restarting Akonadi seems to lose the new entry. This is now a very long-
standing problem, search the kdepim archives if you don't believe me!

Regards
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling