[kdepim-users] KDEPIM 4.7 and virtuoso-t eating cpu

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Nov 24 20:06:07 GMT 2011

O. Sinclair wrote:

> Right,
>
> on Kubuntu 11.10:
>
> some time after a boot/login and ALWAYS when I start using
> Kontact/KDEPIM 4.7 the "virtuoso-t" process start eating CPU. It hovers
> between 40% and 50% basically, my CPU temp shoots up and fans start
> working like mad.
>
> This is strigi/nepomuk related as it does not happen if I switch off
> desktop search and semantic desktop.
>
> anyone else seeing this, anyone knows how to cure it?

Yes, I see it, no I can't fix it (not really akonadi related, mostly out of
kdepim's control).
 You can turn this off with the price of losing address book autocompletion
and full text search in kmail (and other nepomuk aware apps).
I also seen the problem today, for me it was "solved" by stopping desktop
search, removing ~/.kde4/share/apps/nepomuk and starting desktop search
again.

Andras