[kdepim-users] Frequent coruptions of data base. Any remedies?

Sun Nov 13 17:34:59 GMT 2011

I just read your blog and it explains this well. Could you slightly expand
on the format used for imap cache? Folder hierarchy and how we can maybe
read and understand the database files?

Here is the reason I ask for the above info. I use disconnected imap with
gmail and if you use gmail/imap you would know that it has a pseudo
"[Gmail]" folder under which it has its "sent", "thrash" etc. This [Gmail]
folder itself can contain no mail but for some reason, akonadi thinks it
has 14 mail and tries to retrieve them when I clickmon the folder and
starts endlessly spinning. I noticed the 14 number in the folder properties
dialog. Now I want to tell akonadi to dump that's folder and rebuild its
index for it. I don't want to do that for the full account as that process
took almost 48hrs the last time.

For some info on the way I use my system, I rarely restart but
suspend/resume several times a day and my home dir is on a local hdd. By
the way, akonadi seems to be very poor at recognizing internet connection
loss. I often have to restart akonadi but sometimes toggling kmail
online/offline helps.

--
Cheers!
Kishore