[kdepim-users] Composer settings problem

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 18:25:10 GMT 2011

On 24/11/11 19:51, John Aldrich wrote:
> I can't seem to get KMail (4.7.2) to allow me to specify a different email
> address when composing a message. I have to manually type in the email address
> I want to send from. In the old version of KMail I had a pull-down option to
> select any email address I had configured in KMail. This appears to ahve
> disappeared.
> Also the mail transport is not working properly... it refuses to accept the
> "default" mail transport as defined in the account settings and defaults to the
> first email account in the list, which is an IMAP account.
> How do I fix this in the new KMail??? I REALLY dislike this new KMail!!!

in the composer window click menu "View" and tick "mail transport" or
"identity" depending. I tend to use Identity as that is where you can
set an email address, reply-to etc.

once that is ticked the field shows up every time you compose a new mail.

as for the mail transport problem I do not experience that. Again in
Identities you can set a "special transport" for the identity.

/Sinclair