[kdepim-users] KMail SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Thu Nov 24 20:16:54 GMT 2011

Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2011, 20:51:14 schrieb Werner Joss:
> On Thursday 24 November 2011 20:42:06 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > My /home is not on the same partition as / - though I don't use a
> > symlink - and I didn't see that problem.
>
> sure.
> the problem occurs with symlinks.
> e.g.
>
> /home/werner is a symlink to /mnt/hda8/homes/werner
> (/mnt/hda8 is a separate partition)
>
> - a simple way to have several 'homes' on one partition.
> works well with everyting but akonadi.

Hm, and why don't you use the bind option of mount? This should be safe then.

I once used home partition on a NFS server as well but I migrate away from
this. This has nothing to do with performance or problems. I had almost none
of them with akonadi. This has to do with mobile computers where you will not
use NFS for your home drive. Now I sync home from the server to the client at
login (rsync via ssh) and vice versa at logout. It is much faster and a shaky
WLan will not crash the whole session.

Martin