[kdepim-users] KMail SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW

jmaldrich at yahoo.com jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 13:37:55 GMT 2011

On Thu November 24 2011 3:14:05 PM O. Sinclair wrote:

> > One thing I noticed was that there were lots of empty "categories" in
> > configuration of KMail (do not remember tab at this moment). Removed all
> > empty ones, restarted KMail and it was/is a bit faster.
>
> It is in "Appearance", tab "Message Tags"

Didn't help. Another "odd" thing to me is that any time I open a folder it
shows in the "preview" pane "Retrieving folder contents" but the message list
is already up, so what the heck is it trying to retrieve?????

Is KMail now storing emails in a DATABASE???? If so, how the heck do I switch
back to plain old file-based email????