[kdepim-users] KMail SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 13:51:20 GMT 2011

On Thu November 24 2011 8:37:55 AM jmaldrich at yahoo.com wrote:
> On Thu November 24 2011 3:14:05 PM O. Sinclair wrote:
> > > One thing I noticed was that there were lots of empty "categories"
> > > in
> > > configuration of KMail (do not remember tab at this moment). Removed
> > > all empty ones, restarted KMail and it was/is a bit faster.
> >
> > It is in "Appearance", tab "Message Tags"
>
> Didn't help. Another "odd" thing to me is that any time I open a folder it
> shows in the "preview" pane "Retrieving folder contents" but the message
> list is already up, so what the heck is it trying to retrieve?????
>
> Is KMail now storing emails in a DATABASE???? If so, how the heck do I
> switch back to plain old file-based email????

Just an example here... My "inbox" has a whole 2 messages in it. It should
just open up and show the message bodies, right? Guess again. The infamous
"Retrieving folder contents" is all I see in the preview pane. WHY in the name
of all that is good and Holy do we have to "retrieve folder contents" for TWO
FREAKING MESSAGES?!?!?!!?! There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this
picture! I mean, I could understand that behavior if I had a slow machine, but
this is NOT a slow machine!!!