[kdepim-users] KDEPIM 4.7 and virtuoso-t eating cpu

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 16:13:14 GMT 2011

O. Sinclair wrote:

> On 25/11/11 12:32, O. Sinclair wrote:

>>> If you turned them back on after removing the virtuoso database, it
>>> might be that it didn't index the contacts yet.
>>> You can monitor the Akonadi Nepomuk Feeder inside akonadiconsole, and
>>> you will see that it suspends itself quite aggressively (at least in the
>>> upcoming 4.8), even a slightest move of mouse does that. This to
>>> reduce CPU
>>> usage and distruption of the users work, with the price of slower
>>> initial indexing.
>>>

>> That seems to be correct- so what can I do to get it started?? switch
>> on, log in and do nothing for a while?
>>

> I got autocompletion back in the weirdest way I can/could imagine. Just
> playing around I thought that if I added another addressbook inside
> Contacts that might sort of work alongside the Akonadi. So I added an
> Adddress Book pointing to the same folder.

I have a possible  explanation for you though (I don't know exactly how the
nepomuk feeder works, that's why it is a possible explanation).

When you add a new address book, signals are sent that something new
happened. The nepomuk indexer might gave priority for the new items, that's
why it suddenly started to work for you.

Andras