[kdepim-users] how to synchronize kmail2 etc. between two machines?

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Nov 23 21:06:20 GMT 2011

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 03:21 PM, Andras Mantia penned
about Re: [kdepim-users] how to synchronize kmail2 etc. between two machines?

> If you try and works, please document the steps.

Will do ...

> It is probably memory fragmentation due to lot of new/delete calls.

Something is leaking because importing maildir starts somewhat quick
then slows down.  Monitoring memory usage, it appars it may be KMail's
import utility which is consuming memory.  At least in my case.

I have some other strange issues though where virtuoso starts to eat
CPU until I log out and log back in.  Also, when I attempted to
reconstitute the split maildir into one, kmail2 started eating CPU
along with mysql and akonadi.

I have kmail2 offline - no e-mail checking.

I've spent several days on this and I'm thinking I may wait on
kmail2.  Thank you for your assistance.

Take care!
---
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)