[kdepim-users] so where did my address book go now??

Andreas Zeller a-zeller at web.de
Mon Nov 21 10:01:54 GMT 2011

Am 21.11.2011, 07:21 Uhr, schrieb Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>:

> On Sunday, November 20, 2011 12:57:03 PM Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk>
> wrote:
>> On Søndag den 20. november 2011, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>> > KMail 1.13.7 on KDE 4.6.5 on Fedora 15
>> >
>> > After upgrade from Fedora 14 my address book has disappeared again and
>> > I can't find how to get it back. Where should I be looking?
>>
>> Hi Jerome,
>>
>> Look in the Personal Information module of systemsettings.
>>
>> First, in the Akonadi resources section, make sure you have a contacts
>> resource, and that it points to your addressbook. You can create an
>> extra one if needed.
>>
>> Then, in the KDE resources secton, make sure your contacts contains
>> "akonadi contacts" and that they are enabled and set as the default.
>>

>> Hope this helps :)
>

> I do have those things enabled. But it seems the file containing the data
> is gone. I don't have a ~/.local/share/contacts, the vcf files in
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc are all empty, and ~/.kde/share/apps/kaddressbook
> is
> empty. Where else would I look?

I had the same problem after update Kubuntu 11.04 to 11.10. Finally I
copied a backup of home and suddenly the contacts are back again, I still
don't know where they were gone. After I exported them as vCard, changed
back to the new home and imported them again.

Here I'm told to use ~/.local/share/contacts/ in the future because
~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/stdvcf is not up to date.

hth