[kdepim-users] Screwed up migration and KMail won't run!

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 13:24:02 GMT 2011

Quoting Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
>> That might fix some other strange issues I'm seeing
>> with things like XFCE not working right either. I don't like the new
>> KDE desktop where there are no icons on the desktop, so I switched to
>> XFCE for the desktop awhile back, but I think my profile got corrupted
>> recently and I've had some strangeness (things like konsole stuck in a
>> corner and not moveable, etc)
>
> FWIW I got 4.7.3 on Fedora 15 and say the same sort of problems.  Konsole was
> very small and in the top corner, and settings such as the geometry and
> position were totally ignored.  The whole thing was so impossible
> that I ended
> up abandoning the install and doing a fresh one from the dvd + updates.
> Whether the problem is in 4.7.3 or in Fedora packages I don't know, but I'm
> back in 4.6.5 and staying away from 4.7 and F16.

Yeah... well, it was doing it in F15 as well, so I don't think it's an
F16 issue, per se. I don't know what version of XFCE was in F15, but
XFCE got screwed up in my F15 install.... I may ignore XFCE (although
I MUCH prefer that WM over KDE's bloat) and use something else if I"m
able to fix the KMail issue.