[kdepim-users] How do I???

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 24 19:04:41 GMT 2011

On Thursday 24 November 2011 14:11:29 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I am struggling with this new version of KMail. I have multiple POP3 email
> accounts, which all come back to one IMAP account. I typically "read" my
> mail on-line and reply from that message list. However, that email address
> is not subscribed to most of my mailing lists.
> In the "old" KMail (F15 and before) I could use a default email address, or
> at least select from a list of email addresses in a pull-down menu. Now,
> with KMail2, the ONLY email address that is an option without manually
> entering it, is the email address for the IMAP account.
> Is there any way to get the "old" behavior in the editor? If not, what's
> the best way to fill out a request? Bugzilla.kde.org???

Are you sure that there is no way?  I only used KMail 2 for a few weeks, but I
continued to use multiple identities and identities associated with folders,
just as I had always done.

If you can't "display all fields" in the UI to get the drop-down, have you
tried using the folder's context menu to set an "other" identity?

Anne