[kdepim-users] KMail SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Nov 26 10:38:18 GMT 2011

Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2011 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > and that database is in ~/ which is on a nfs in my case, and innodb
> > on nfs is a bad idea, and the kde ppl say so themselves, but still
> > do it.
> >

> Yes, there are known problems with nfs home directories.  Apparently it
> was  not realised how often corporate users have remote home
> directories, and I expect that making changes to alleviate the
> problems will not be trivial.

A topic which I mentioned on this mailing list or pim-ml quite some time
ago already. And a show stopper for migrating to KMail in our company´s
environment.

Well it looks like some of the Akonadi design has not been thought through
to work under all setups.

As a work-around it might work to tell Akonadi to use /var/tmp or whatever
for its database. But then its per workstation only which has implication
when a co-worker works on one workstation and then moves to another. It
can the an advantage, cause different Akonadi instances should be able to
run at the same time. Or a disadvantage, cause there are several databases
to be kept up to date.

Ciao,