[kdepim-users] Re: korganizer

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat May 7 21:47:45 BST 2011

On Saturday 07 May 2011, Bernd Gliss wrote:
> I'm using korganizer 4.4.9 vs. 3 on SuSE 11.3 and have 'an axe to
> grind' with its printing performance.
>
> First, my version is capable of putting my HP officejet into such a
> state that I can only recover by a hw-reset.  All my other
> applications (OpenOffice, kaddressbook, etc.) print correctly.  I
> currently circumvent the problem by printing into a PDF file and
> then outputting that file on the HP.
>
> Secondly, when printing a monthly calendar sheet the line for a day's
> last event is not shown correctly (neither in the PDF file nor in
> the ensuing output).  Rather, the lower part of the characters in
> the last line are cut off;  one can guess what's meant, but the
> visual result looks horrible.

I guess those are the same or at least very similar problems as the ones
you reported in February.

You could give KOrganizer from KDE PIM 4.6 (which is not yet stable) a
try (e.g. via a live CD so that you don't affect your running system).
Other than that you will probably have to live with those defects in
KOrganizer until the new major version of KOrganizer is released. The
old version 4.4.* is no longer supported actively.