[kdepim-users] kde pim 4.6 calender issues (coloring, e-mail alisas)‏

Ivo Couckuyt iv0co at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 15:09:54 BST 2011

Hi all,

I have been trying out kde pim 4.6 rc1 (on kde 4.6) with
the goal of finally starting to use a calender. I have configured two
google calenders (calender I is mine, calender II (lets say of my boss :) ) is
read-only)
using the davgroupware akonadi resource which works great, however I have some questions about the behaviour of korganizer:

1.
 My google calender has been created by my department using my
department's e-mail. However I only use my global university e-mail for
sending mails (and kmail2 is configured as such), hence sending out
invitations (and receiving them) don't work (the smtp server I use
doesnt accept my department's e-mail and korganiser doesn't seem to recognise
invitations that have been sent directly to my global university
e-mail).

Is it possible to create e-mail aliases somehow ? So my university e-mail is also recognised ?

2.
 I have created an event in calender I and invited my boss of calender
II. My boss accepted, but changed some options of the event (filling in
the exact time). Now I have two events with the same name at the same
time (probably google calender's fault I guess) but in korganizer the
coloring is mixed up. Depending on the order that I enable/disabled the
calenders the two events will have change colors:

-> only enable calender I -> the event in question is RED
-> enabled calender I, and then calender II -> the two events are now BLUE
-> disabling calender II again -> the event in question remains BLUE

This is tested in the month view.

3. Another example that I think is due to 1. and 2.
My
 boss has created an event and invited me using my global university
e-mail, however the color of that event is BLUE (= calender II).
Wouldn't it be better to use the color of calender I for all events that
 I participate in ? So that I can see what to do at a glimpse, now I have
 to browse through all events and see if I am a participant.

4.
This is more of a feature request. What about marking newly created
events in bold (and/or displayed the number of 'unread' events besides
the calender name ? Much like kmail2) ?

I hope it is somewhat clear, I find it quite hard to explain. Should I file bug reports or am I missing out on settings and/or functionality ?

best wishes,
ilm