[kdepim-users] Akonadi + nfs home directories

Lars Behrens Lars.Behrens at kit.edu
Tue Mar 29 12:21:57 BST 2011

Hi everyone,

as OpenSUSE will stop support for 11.2 we will have to upgrade to an
actual version, which means I will have to deal with akonadi setup for
our users.

We have a workinggroup here with external home directories mounted to
the clients via nfs, which is a problem with akonadi
(libakonadi4-4.6.0-4.7.1 and akonadi-runtime-1.5.0-3.3.1 here).

Is there any chance to get akonadi running (and thus keeping kdepim)
with nfs? I have tried a quick setup of an external mysql server but
that didn't work, the data weren't synchronous on two clients.

Before I go into details of my problems, maybe someone has a howto or
any other description of akonadi with nfs? Or is that completely impossible?

Not using akonadi did only work on 2 of 3 of my test clients.

I really don't want to go into ditching kdepim and thus having to deal
with migrating all my users to use a different pim :-\

TIA

Cheerz,
Lars