[kdepim-users] Re: Akonadi + nfs home directories

Lars Behrens Lars.Behrens at kit.edu
Thu Mar 31 08:50:16 BST 2011

Am 29.03.2011 20:20, schrieb Martin (KDE):

> huch, I never knew that there is a problem with akonadi and nfs. I use
> nfs home drives since many years without major problems.

You can use kdepim with the same account on different boxes? Even with
the same user logged in on different boxes at the same time? I'd be
interested in your setup then.

We didn't get it to work here, tried (4 different users on 3 pcs, 2 of
them 64bit, 1 32bit, 3 of that existing ones, 1 a brandnew test account):

* default setup with automatic migration from file based usage
* switching off (or not using) akonadi in kaddressbook
* using an external mysql server

Sometimes the setup without akonadi seemed to work but at times it
suddenly, unpredictably started, I have no idea why. Definitely not
usable here.

Cheerz,
Lars