[kdepim-users] Re: Urgently help needed to get back "Kontact". More than 50% solved!

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:13:03 BST 2011

*Hello Johann

Thanks for your steps in the right direction.
*

> For a first upload into google, you can directly import your *.ics file
> via the Google calendar web interface (Settings-> Calendar Settings->
> Calendars -> Import Calendar).
>
> For syncing with korganizer, the akonadi-googledata resource works
> reasonably OK, but for example it can't handle recurring events. It
> did not satisfy my needs (syncing with Android smartphone via google).

*A first attempt to sync my Nokia N900 with the laptop and Google via the
akonadi-googledata resource delivers a similar result:syncing works for
agenda-appointments, but not for other functionalities, like "tasks". *

>  I'm using GCALDaemon (http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/) and am very
> happy with the results. You can either have it gcaldaemon sync with a
> local *.ics file on your hard disk (which would be the korganizer
> calendar), or you can run a server on localhost and you define an
> "online" calendar in korganizer to connect via http to localhost on
> port 9090. The gcaldaemon documentation is very extensive.

*Next week, I will try other methods - notably GCALDAEMON and DAVMAIL. I
will report the results via the user forums on KDE-PIM and Kubuntu.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Respectfully yours,
Bas. *

--