[kdepim-users] Re: Current state of KDE-PIM

Myrosia Dzikovska myrosia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:37:39 GMT 2011

> If you don't want the messages to go away after 30 seconds then disable
> automatic hiding of the pop-up (via the Notification Settings in the
> context menu of the notification icon).

Thanks. Disabling automatic hiding isn't really a good option - I want
it for most other messages. Other than KMail's notifications,
everything else that goes through KDE notifier is more transient and
does not need to be shown. Which is why I thought that sending
critical errors like authentication failure through a notification
system which the user can disable or make invisible in various ways
seems to be a bad idea in general.

> Moreover, if you want to have real dialogs then configure the
> notifications (e.g. via Settings->Configure Notifications in KMail) to
> run the command
>  kdialog --error "some error message"

This makes more sense. But how do I pass the text of the actual error
message to it? Is there a code like "%s" that I could use? Not obvious
to me from the interface.

Myrosia